Our programming aims to empower expectant families who are at higher risk for poor birth and postpartum outcomes to get the critical information and access to resources they need. Surveys from our most current prenatal education programs indicate that all participants increased their knowledge by attending our workshop, with 94% of participants reporting a significant increase in knowledge of priority information on maternal and infant health.
HMHBGA provides community-based prenatal education and resources to expectant mothers across Georgia. We are currently offering our courses online and at no cost during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our classes are offered in both English and Spanish.
Pregnant? Want to attend a free workshop?
Moms Sign Up Here
What Our Clients Say
- “It was an awesome workshop. The class reassured me!”
- “Awesome class, learned something new and this is 3rd child”
- “Shared the information with cousins and brother’s girlfriend – especially about Medicaid what you can get.”
- “It helped a lot because I’m a first-time mom.”
- “Liked everything – got a friend to sign up for the next workshop.”
- “I felt very supported. I learned about baby blues and I learned that it wasn’t just me feeling this way. I told my doctor about it.”
Pickles & Ice Cream Georgia®
Pickles & Ice Cream Georgia® (P&I) is HMHBGA’s Perinatal Education Program that includes in-person sessions and a dynamic online platform aimed at educating and empowering women & their families in the perinatal period. P&I has regularly updated articles, videos, quizzes, blog posts to meaningfully engage pregnant and postpartum families in Georgia. The P&I website also offers referral guides and toolkits available for providers and childbirth educators who need Georgia-specific maternal health resources.
Visit us today at www.picklesandicecreamga.org!
About Our Prenatal Education Curriculum
Why is Prenatal Education Important?
Our Prenatal Education Working Group