- This event has passed.
Community-Engaged Approaches to Maternal Mental Health (Webinar)
May 20, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Please note that the date of this event has been changed to 5/20/2019.
In this month’s webinar, we will review perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, its prominence among mothers– especially black mothers– in Georgia, and gaps and shortages in mental health services during the perinatal period. Join Natalie D. Hernandez, Ph.D., MPH and Danette McLaurin Glass as we explore how community-based participatory research can be an effective intervention to address these gaps.
With this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Describe community-based participatory research (CBPR)
2. List the benefits and strengths of using a community based participatory research approach
3. Discuss disparities in Black Maternal Mental Health
4. Demonstrate CBPR through an example of a CBPR Black Maternal Mental Health Project
5. Identify ethical issues related to maternal mental health disparities research
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Georgia Nurses Association – Approver, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.