HMHBGA Launches May Giving Campaign!
Author: Elise Blasingame, Executive Director & Latasia Brown, Public Relations Chair
May 1, 2020 | Atlanta, GA
Dear HMHBGA Supporters,
I am writing to ask for your support for Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia’s May Giving Campaign. Between May 1st-May 15th, HMHBGA will be raising funds to offset the financial losses to the organization and the Georgia communities served due to COVID-19.
In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, HMHBGA is working especially hard to fulfill our mission to improve maternal and infant health in Georgia. Both the Coalition and Call Center staff have been able to quickly shift into providing all of our regular services remotely. This includes offering our evidence-based prenatal education online at no cost to families in need!
Our team is expected to serve more than 5,000 families across Georgia through our Call Center, evidence-based, online prenatal education and through the gift cards, hand sanitizers and baby supplies we will be providing to families and healthcare providers in labor and delivery units between April 1 and June 30, 2020.
Despite what has so far been a smooth transition, tough financial times are imminent for HMHBGA.
With the ongoing economic downturn and our cancelled fundraising events, the organization is expecting a budget shortfall that will have a notable impact on day-to-day operations. Your support during this campaign and during the #GivingTuesdayNow event on May 5th will help HMHBGA be better prepared for the difficult days ahead. Here are some examples of how your contributions can support Georgia families in the time of COVID-19:
- $25 – Guarantees one hour of phone support for a mom or family in need
- $50 – Provides baby supplies for participants in our evidence-informed prenatal education workshop
- $100 – Provides books for one person to become a doula or childbirth educator
- $250 – Covers the cost for ten people to participate in our online prenatal education course
- $500 – Covers the cost of a webinar for maternal and child health professionals to gain necessary skills for moving the needle on maternal and infant health disparities
- $1,000 – Covers the cost of case management services for one pregnant to postpartum family for 3 months
Don’t Forget: May 10th is Mother’s Day! Consider making a donation to HMHBGA in honor of the mothers and grandmothers in your life. In these times of social distance, give the gift that will support pregnant and postpartum mothers throughout Georgia to get the education, support and healthcare they need.
Would you like to help fundraise for HMHBGA?
Please consider setting up your own fundraising page in support of HMHBGA! See instructions below:
You can also setup a Facebook Fundraiser in support of HMHBGA. Click here to begin.
Thank you for your generosity and support of Georgia’s families during this difficult time!
Elise Blasingame, Executive Director & Latasia Brown, Public Relations Chair